Sunday 23 June 2013

NEW PROJECT! [intro]

As you'll see by the new layout, I've started a new project based on P!nk's Stupid Girls...


My project is aiming to highlight the many pressures on the teenage girls of today through celebrities, fashion & the media and the increasing influence of social media. I'm also planning to investigate the roles and perspectives of women and how they are commonly portrayed  in society.

To get a better feel for the mood of this song, here's the album cover of I'm Not Dead:
(featuring Stupid Girls)


This album represented P!nk's comeback to the music industry after a three year break - and, as the graphics suggest, it indicated a new, loud, rebellious side of P!nk including critical singles such as Dear Mr. President. The graphic style, while featuring a loud and disruptive edge, still follows her signature vintage-look.

"I'm so glad that I'll never fit in - that will never be me"
Stupid Girls - although the song follows a humorous tone, particularly depicted in the music video, there is an underlying seriousness to the lyrics as P!nk tries to shout out to girls across the globe that they have the right to just be exactly who they are. This is a recurring theme and appears in several of her songs including her later single Raise Your Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment