Friday 31 May 2013

TYPOGRAPHY [Designer Research contd]

I've been working on some typographic creations for my project and when I remembered seeing Tim Marrs' 'typography' tab I thought I'd update here with some of his work...

His style, again, is still hand-rendered (which I love!) and gives his work his usual sketchy personality:


I think the typeface he has created is perfect for this book because the text itself appers confused and muddled - it's sketchy edges and rough shapes, also unmatching letters, give the words an unnerved quality. This, of course, reflects the distressed nature of the novel. Furthermore, the colours of the typography have been well thought out and kept simple - black and white - allowing the image of the dog to become the main focus of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment