Saturday 4 May 2013

The Benefit-s of Having a Great Friend [Graphics Geek-Out]

In my last post, I expressed my love for the vintage graphic style of the make up brand Benefit. I've been collecting images from their campaigns for a while now; and when my friend gave me the packaging from a product of theirs she had bought the other day, I thought I might as well update my research into their work...


The packaging she's given me is from their concealer Fake Up which, again, is a really smart and cute idea! And what I really love about Benefit is the way their advertising campaigns feed into the style of the packaging for their products - notice the subtle swirly pattern running through the background of both the above and below image (in different colours to suit the mood of each piece, clever ay?!) :


I loved this advert when I saw it! I thought the purple tweed was a really classy way of depicting a traditional detective-style image - and the magnifying glass works perfectly too. It's placed right in the centre where it can attract all attention to the product name Fake Up. And, as usual, the captions are just brilliant; THE GREAT HYDRATING CONCEALER COVERUP - The Curious Case of Hydrating Crease Control. Here they've used an ingenious play on the word coverup, since it's a concealer - don't you just love it?!



I really love this concept of leaving behind an imperfect world - and is there even a more perfect way to depict this than your very own foundation space shuttle to Lift off to Complexion Perfection?! Complete with a 70s glamour style model to complete the look -
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!


Really loving the colour combination (black and white featuring a strong orange; to create that 50s gangster feel) and that stereotypical typeface. And there's so much more I could say!

No comments:

Post a Comment